[mythtv-users] Using xmlprg_de.pl

Johannes Niess linux at johannes-niess.de
Tue Jan 6 09:21:31 EST 2004

Am Dienstag, 6. Januar 2004 14:30 schrieb Tobias Bayer:
> Hello,
>
> now that tvmoviefetch does not work any more, I would like to use
> xmlprg_de.pl.
> When I call it from the command-line by "./xmlprg_de.pl" it generates a
> XML output on the console. But how can I use it in conjunction with
> mythfilldatabase? Soft-linking tv_grab_de to xmlprg_de.pl does not seem
> to work (it worked with tvmoviefetch).
> Can anyone please give me some instructions what to do?

sub help( )
  {
    print <<EOT;

      $PROG_NAME [ -start DAYS ] [ -offset DAYS ] [ -day DAYS ]

      -start  DAYS      holt das Programm ab DAYS Tagen
      -offset DAYS      holt das Programm bis in DAYS Tagen

      -day DAYS         holt das Programm vom DAYS Tag

      Beispiel:

      $PROG_NAME -start 0 -offset 1

        - holt das Programm vom heutigen Tag

      $PROG_NAME -day 2

        - holt das Programm von AA<FC>bermorgenbb

      Die zu holenden KanAA<E4>le m<FC>ssen <FC>ber die Liste \@channels im
Programm definiert werden.bb

      Fragen und Anregungen an $PROG_NAME\@kurze-schwuenge.de

EOT

So you do "xmlprg_de -start 0 -offset 7 > prisma.xmltv". Now it's time for
"mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 prisma.xmltv". After that you need to fiddle
around with the mysql data base to add the missing values for the new records
in the channel table. That process is not clearly documented and
"mythfilldatabase --manual" did not work for me.

I've written to the developer list to make such tranistions easier. Rewriting
xmlprg_de to make it compatible with the tv_grab_X scripts would be a good
thing.

Johannes Niess