[mythtv-users] Updates for Jarods guide

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Jan 6 02:18:40 EST 2004

On Jan 4, 2004, at 18:00, Graham W. Mitchell wrote:

> A couple more updates, since I had to rebuild my box again...

I probably need to go back through it again myself, but my last two
builds have been on Debian and Gentoo...

>> To install bttv 0.9.12, you'll first have to enable at-bleeding in
> /etc/apt/sources.list (simply uncomment the line),
>
> Actually, you need to add the line
>
> rpm     http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de fedora/1/en/i386 at-bleeding

Noted and will be included in next release.

>> to add a few lines at the top, so we load the correct bttv (0.9.11).
>
> This should be 0.9.12... The reference above was changed...

Oops.

> In the section for bttv and PVR250 in the same guide, there's a couple
> of lines in the modules.conf ...
>
> # lirc
> alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
>
> also
>
> add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c
>
> Should these be there, since at this point, working thru the guide,
> lirc
> hasn't been installed.

Probably shouldn't be there. I'll pull 'em out.

> References to ivtv-0.1.6 need to be updated to 0.1.7

Already had that done, forgot to get it posted.

> (hard to keep up eh?)

Definitely.

>> mv lircrc-haupgrey.txt ~/.mythtv/lircrc
>
> Can't do this, as there is no .mythtv directory created at this
> point...
> Manually creating one fixed this...

D'oh! I guess we'll just make that directory ahead of mythtvsetup
then...

>> mysqladmin ping check
>
> Should probably note that this needs to be done as root... The last
> command in the doc was done as mythtv.

Noted.

Thanks again for the feedback!

--