[mythtv-users] Compiler Flag has huge speed Improvements

Dwaine Garden DwaineGarden at rogers.com
Mon Jan 5 19:19:33 EST 2004

I have tested out the compiler flags for the pentium3 with gcc 3.0+.
The choppy video playing has disappeared after
the compile.   So I went back to the settings.pro file and set the
compiler flag back to pentiumpro.   Again, the video playback and audio
choppiness was back.  Went back with the pentium3 setting.   Smooth
video and audio!

I can not believe the HUGE difference in speed!     Grab the CVS and
recompile it yourself, it would be interesting to see if other people
had the same luck as me.

I just wanted to share my experience with everyone.    My machine is
Pentium III 667mhz with 512megs of ram without a PVR-350 8*)