[mythtv-users] Poor video quality

Axium Computer Services axium at axiumcomputerservices.com
Mon Jan 5 14:03:04 EST 2004

I just finished installing myth yesterday.  I have the following setup

PIII 500
~160GB HDD
2 PVR-250
Fedora Linux (using Jarod's guide)

Xbox with font hack and MythTV-Xbox

After setting up the system to record a few shows I left it for the
night.  When I got up this morning, the backend had crashed and the logs
had about 4MB of lines like these:
[mpeg1video @ 0x8621c68]*invalid* *mb* type in B Frame at 26 22
[mpeg1video @ 0x8621c68]*invalid* *mb* type in B Frame at 7 23
[mpeg1video @ 0x8621c68]ac-tex damaged at 12 25
[mpeg1video @ 0x8621c68]ac-tex damaged at 35 25

I'm assuming these were generated while looking for commercials.

So I started the backup up again and them started the front end.  The
video quality is horrible there is extensive tearing, skipping, and
anything else that can happen to a digital video.  The sound for the
most part is good.

The frontend while playing the videos also produces messages similar to
the ones in the backend log.

Any help in isolating the problem would be much appreciated.

Steven Potter