[mythtv-users] Frontend/backend with PVR-250, 350, and Celeron 400 mhz?

K.R. Foley kr at cybsft.com
Mon Jan 5 13:12:12 EST 2004

John Wells wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I have an old Gateway 400c containing a 400mhz celeron and 256mb of ram.
> I also have one PVR-250 and one PVR-350.
>
> Do you think this would be sufficient horsepower to run both frontend and
> backend?  I'm doubtful, but wanted to get a group consensus.
>
> Thanks!
>
> John

John,

I am running on PII 300 with 512Mb and a pvr-350 and it does the backend
and frontend for watching and recording live tv without breaking a
sweat. Don't know about adding another pvr for input though if that's
what you had in mind.

While on this subject can anyone provide info on using the pvr-350 to do
hardware decoding of dvds? The little 300Mhz just can't handle the load
of doing it in software.

kr
--
K.R. Foley