[mythtv-users] minimum CPU requirements for PVR-250

Andy Skinn askinn at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 11:49:55 EST 2004

>The only thing that might be a problem is DMA bandwidth.
If
>your old board doesn't have DMA then there is a problem.
Make
>sure it's a busmastering PCI slot on there. But this
applies
>to the PVR250 as well.
>As to any other grabber card I know of.

How can I tell if this is the case for my board.  This is
an old computer that I got off someone else.  The only
information I have about it is what is provided at this
website:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=psg1EHET-459UJ5

Any help would be appreciated.

>If you have an old 5400 RPM hard drive in PIO mode you
might
>have issues...

I plan on using a 40GB harddrive.  I'm not sure if the mobo
will support 40GB though (might be the 32GB limit) - but
I'm alright with that.  It's a 7200 RPM drive - hopefully
this mobo will support that.

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but PIO mode?  Is that
specific to 5400RPM drives, or is that a mobo setting?

Thanks again!