[mythtv-users] MythMusic: "DecoderMAD" error ???

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Mon Jan 5 02:25:14 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 14:15, thor wrote:
> On Saturday 03 January 2004 16:46, ben at xsusio.com wrote:
>
> > I've tried playing music from commandline with mpg123 and madplay.
> > Both work just fine. However, when I try to use mythmusic to play
> > anything, it won't play. And I can see that error when I look at the
> > cmd-line.
>

> 	That error is generated when the decoder tries to open the file
> IO_ReadOnly. Are you sure the myth user has read permission on the
> files?

I just figured out this one tonight.  (after being away for a weeklong
vacation).  Turns out that the pathname of the mp3 files in the db is
getting appended to the default music store directory.  So by setting
that particular frontend to use '/' as its root, things worked out.
Ugly, but effective...

As an addendum, one frontend has a music folder set to one directory
name, and another has it set to a different name (which could happen if
it's local to the former and automounted to the other) would this
qualify as a bug if the full pathname is stored in the db?  Would it not
be better to store relative filenames for each audio file?

	-I
--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME
                       ian at duckland.org / ian at cytben.com