[mythtv-users] basic config question

Perry and Lorae Merritt plmerritt at hypermall.net
Mon Jan 5 00:01:52 EST 2004

Hi guys I'm a newbie to this mail list (only read the last 854 messages).

I've loaded mythtv-0.13-48.rh9.at on my machine along with all the latest
RPMS for RH9. (BTW, the doc is great and the at rpms from
atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/install.html installed without a hitch. Thanks to
those that did the work.)

I'm inches away from ordering a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 350. Before I do...
I want make sure that what I'm going to do is going to work for me.

I want to be able to record. While I'm recording I also want to watch tv,
or run mythweb, or run mythgame, or run mythvideo, or run mythdvd. Basically
I want to be able to do any one of the preceding while I'm recording.

I plan on buying a single pvr-350. I want to use the same card for tv-in and
tv-out.

Can I do what I want to do?

Any "gotchas" anyone's run into with the atrpm package would also be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks for any confirmation I can get. I've seen some great help since I
started
watching the list.

Perry