[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV Output

IvanK. chepati at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 22:16:06 EST 2004

There was a sh!tlist of faulty VIA chipsets floating around the mailing list.
Basically any kt-x33 chipset has DMA issues which *may* be the cause of the
described behavior.  I'd take a wild guess you fall in the same statistics.

I could very well be wrong.  Wait for second opinion.

Another suggestion, change the line (in /etc/modules.conf) that reads:

options ivtv ivtv_debug=2

options ivtv ivtv_debug=7

run depmod -a `uname -r`

then reboot

then do tail -f /var/log/messages before you start myth* and watch for
interesting stuff.

Myth itself *cannot* lock up a system since it's a user-level application.  A
kernel-level module (ivtv, ivtv-fb) can lock up a system due to a deffective,
buggy piece of hardware.  Get on the ivtv-users mailing list and ask for help
there.  Every other day a new thread is started about DMA problems.  Go to
ivtv.sf.net -- the ivtv home page.

And finally, don't give up yet -- there's hope.  Once you get myth working,
it's a treat.  So sweet.

IvanK.