[mythtv-users] recorded shows

Tom Jaeger tjaeger at networksinstalled.com
Sun Jan 4 20:11:18 EST 2004

You do realize that all your arguments are moot as soon as you move to
non broadcast -- pay services
You may be able to record cbs nbc and other tv channels but not off
cable or direct tv .. Especially PPV HBO MAX etc...
The reason you don't see any lawsuits against people making private
tapes is the companies don't care.  Its like J-walking (who cares).
I am not saying we should not be doing this .... After all I am... I
even added a DVD-+R to my system

All I have been saying is Fair use does not apply to all of us nor to
all channels. I believe just TV you get off an antenna.

Tom J