[mythtv-users] Audio Help Please

Mike Drons mdrons at ins.com
Sat Jan 3 20:22:13 EST 2004

Sorry, I did not want to include unneeded info.  Here it is.  I get the
error when I try and watch Live TV.  I have had so many issues with sound.

Slackware 9.1
Kernel 2.4.22
ALSA version 1.0.0rc2
Myth Version 13 - with the patch on the web site.

VIA Sound Card, so it is snd-via82xx
00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233 AC97
Audio Controller (rev 40)

ATI TV Wonder capture card

modules.conf
# bttv
alias char-major-81     videodev
alias char-major-81-0   bttv
options bttv            card=63 radio=0 pll=1 tuner=2  bttv_debug=1
options tuner           tuner=2 debug=1
options btaudio         debug=1
#sound card
post-install sound-slot-0 /usr/sbin/alsactl -f /etc/asound.SAVE restore
>/dev/null 2>&1
# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.0rc2 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
alias sound-slot-0 snd-via82xx
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

Michael Drons