[mythtv-users] pvr-250 remote with manually compiled lirc

michael brown spam-me at houston.rr.com
Sat Jan 3 19:19:59 EST 2004

From: "James Colannino"

> Nevermind.   I solved this one by moving from version 0.6.6 to CVS
> version 0.7.0pre2.  Apparently, nothing below 0.0.7pre1 is compatible.
> I actually can't remember what I read that made me realize this, but
> anyway, it's working now ;)

Sorry I didn't see your messages till now.  I could have saved you hours
of frustration.  I went thru a very similar experience when I switched
from a regular Hauppauge win-tv pci to a pvr-250.  The odd thing was
that the 0.6.6 drivers load fine and even work with the smaller (black)
remote control perfectly.  The pvr-250 remote (gray w/more buttons)
wouldn't work at all.  Neither irw nor irrecord would flinch.  I thought
it was defective and I was going to have to return it.  Once I upgraded
the lirc stuff, it worked great.  AFAICT both units use an RC-5 code
with the very similar timings, but the 0.6.6 lirc stuff refuses to see
any of it for some reason.  That's bizarre.  ;-)

michael brown