[mythtv-users] Help please: Remote and transmiter

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Sat Jan 3 15:08:13 EST 2004

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, Stuart Felenstein wrote:

> I've seen in posts here that people have both remotes and transmitters
> working under Lirc.
>
> I have read through this post and it seems more in line with have 2
> serial port devices (trans and rec)
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3304314&forum_id=5339.
> Still I tried it and it seems both lircd's can't be running at the same
> time.  At least that is what I got back.  Even with a different version
> of lirc.

If you're using the "homebrew" transmitter and receiver then they both
connect to the same serial port and there is a compilation option for lirc
that tells it so.  You only run a single lircd which handles everything.
(i.e. you can use the rc command to send an IR signal).
This is what I do and it works very well.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/