[mythtv-users] Re:linux distro

Duncan lists at goldtel.com.au
Sat Jan 3 11:42:32 EST 2004

> I use Slackware. Aside from getting the ivtv stuff
> functioning properly, I have had no issues. There
> seem to be alot more people posting with issues
> related to red hat/fedora than other distros. I don't
> know if that is reason enough to draw a conclusion
> against using redhat/fedora.

Wondered the same thing myself. I found my Slackware installation to be
a lot easier than my previous Red Hat install.

0.13 went in with no complaints and has been up (and getting hammered)
since the day it was released.

I'll agree with the others though and say it's a matter of choice. But
if you want to get your hands a little dirty - you might be pleasantly
surprised.

Regards Duncan