[mythtv-users] random mythmusic hangs

Gary Dawes garydawes at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 3 10:54:56 EST 2004

I've searched and found a few other mails that
describe this same problem, but no solution, so I'm
wondering if there's any easy fix someone knows about
without me reinventing the wheel.

Basically, when mythmusic is playing MP3s, it hangs,
sometimes after a couple of minutes, sometimes after
several hours, and the symptoms are the same. X is
using about 99% of CPU, and the frontend is dead,
although I can ssh into the box and the backend is
fine. The song which is being played continues
playing, but then the system does not start the next
song.

I've checked all the logs, and recomplied everything.

Any ideas before I start digging really deep.

Thanks

Gary