[mythtv-users] Increased CPU useage when idle

michael brown spam-me at houston.rr.com
Fri Jan 2 10:57:19 EST 2004

From: "Tony Maro"

> Dave wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I've just noticed that mythbackend in v0.13 appears to use about
10-15%
> >CPU when not recording or having any front-ends running.  I'm sure
this
> >wasn't the case in previous versions.
<snip>
> Odd, mine on 0.13 only uses about 0%.

I've noticed that my backend goes from just a few percent (PVR-250) when
recording to about 60% usage right after finishing a recording.  The log
shows a message about an input stream and it seems like the backend is
playing back the recording it just made, but not displaying it anywhere
or transcoding it to another file.  This goes on for quite some time and
then everything settles back down.  Is the backend just marking the
commercials at this point or does it do that "on the fly" when
recording?

michael brown