[mythtv-users] Problem follwing Jarod's Fedora Guide

Matt matto at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jan 2 23:44:06 EST 2004

Ok, trying to install MythTV on my Shuttle SN41G2 (nforce2 mb, athlon xp
2500, 512 meg ram) with Jarod's Fedora Core 1 guide, which has been
excellent so far. I'm at the part where I install my NVIDIA video
drivers. I installed the latest kernel from atrpms (uname -r says
2.4.22-1.2135.nptl_27.rhfc1.at) along with the kernel source. I also
successfully rebuilt the nforce source rpm and installed it to get the
onboard ethernet and audio working again. The problem comes when I do
apt-get install nvidia-graphics4363-kmdl-$KERNEL ($KERNEL is set to
2.4.22-1.2135.nptl_27.rhfc1.at which is correct). The error I get is
that the nvidia package has an unmet dependency on
strictdep-kernel-athlon (= 2.4.22-1.2135.nptl_27.rhfc1.at). Did I do
something wrong earlier or is the package broken or something? When
getting the kernel from the website, I just grabbed the generic i586
one, which was the first link. Was I supposed to get the athlon package
instead?

Matt
matto at rochester.rr.com