[mythtv-users] tv out quality not as good as straight through

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 2 23:34:46 EST 2004

On Friday 02 January 2004 19:38, Chris Germano wrote:
> I had a feeling that the 350 was going to be the best choice, but how well
> does it work now with current CVS? I think I heard that they have the
> complete X desktop now sent through the card's output, so does that mean
> everything in MythTV should work now? For those of you who have bought one,
> where's the cheapest place? Ebay doesn't have many of these cards.

Certain things don't work (and may not be possible) with the PVR-350.  PIP &
live video previews don't (and probably won't) work, nor do any of the OpenGL
visualizations for mythmusic.  Playback of non-MPEG1/2 content is too slow
using the current framebuffer provided by the ivtv driver; I've heard that it
may be possible with more work on the ivtv side.

If you can live with those limitations, the work on the street is that the
PVR-350 will give you the best picture you're likely to see out of your
computer to a TV.

-JAC