[mythtv-users] Re: pvr-250 remote with manually compiled lirc

James Colannino email2jamez at dslextreme.com
Fri Jan 2 23:08:52 EST 2004

Axel Thimm wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 03:36:48PM -0800, James Colannino wrote:
>

>>However, I decided to use my own custom kernel/modules because of
>>the current situation with the atrpms packages and the ivtv-firmware
>>packages.
>>

>Doesn't the current setup work for you? Did you get the src.rpm and
>rebuild for yourself?

I tried that, but the command 'rebuildrpm' didn't exist on my
installation of Fedora, and I couldn't find the package it belongs to on
the internet, so I wasn't able to build it :(  It's ok though.  I got my
own packages working now.  I just had to switch from lirc-0.6.6 to
lirc-0.7.0pre2.  Works awesomly alongside the atrpm's mythtv packages :)
Plus, this way, I was able to patch my kernel for bootsplash and
supermount support, two things that made me consider rolling out my own
kernel anyway ;)

James