[mythtv-users] TV Movie's .xml.tvm format to fetch German XMLTV

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Fri Jan 2 15:22:12 EST 2004

Am Fr, den 02.01.2004 schrieb Martina Walter um 19:33:
> On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 16:47, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> > They weren't happy about the grabber, and it seems that they switched
> > the compression format.
> <sigh> just when I got it up and running perfectly.
> >  It used to be gzip (.xml.gz), but now there are
> > only files with the file extension .xml.tvm. I don't know how to
> > uncompress it - I already tried gzip, bzip2, zip, tar and rar, none worked.
> >
> > If any of you is interested to keep the grabber working, I'd appreciate,
> > if you could figure out how to decompress the .tvm files.
> Sorry that I can not help too much, I only found out that it is *not*
> the newer winrar, lzop, zoo, or arj. File just says "data".
> I could not try ace or one of those multiformat tools for windows
> because I do not have access to a Windows box atm (maybe at work when
> this weekend is over) and they did not work with wine/winex.

Hmm, just took a look at it. Didn't try ace as well, my son is just
looking for it (his gaming machine is the only windows machine in the

But my guess is: It's a simple encryption over the zipped file. So only
the TV-Movie grabber can access the files. A brute force decryption
attack might be successful if we knew what the original file did look

Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian: