[mythtv-users] RF Modulation

Stuart Hodges mymythtv at twotails.org
Thu Jan 1 18:55:42 EST 2004

HI,

	My VCR is not that capable.

	However I did find a RF Modulator at RadioShack that had selectable channel
output. So I thought I could just set this to an unused channel and combine
the two cables (cable tv in and the modulator output). I get loads of static
on the output from the modulator when I try this.

	I checked with no cable signal combined and everything is fine, no static. I
tried a cable amp I had and this improved the situation, but its still
unwatchable.

	Any ideas ?

	I thought I could switch off the output using "ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1 -off" and
use the normal modulator, but it seems to have no effect.

	Thanks,

		Stuart