[mythtv-users] mythwebremote

Brian Preston-Campbell brian at preston-campbell.com
Sun Feb 29 17:56:01 EST 2004

Hi all.  I have a working version of mythwebremote available for download.

http://www.preston-campbell.com/myth/mythwebremote.tar.gz  (86kb)

As mentioned on the list yesterday I had planned to make a browser-based
remote control through TCP/IP with Apache and PHP to send keypresses to a
myth frontend.

This is a working version, although untested on any system other than my own.
It allows the use of a PDA, laptop, or any other computer on a LAN to control
a frontend system.  The commands are sent by tapping the buttons on the HTML
page with stylus or mouse, or with the standard myth keypresses (although ESC
and F5 need a fix, and the arrow keys need work -- thus the textbox with
cursor at the bottom of the page).

The reason for the creation of this app is that it was mentioned on the list
as a desired feature and I wanted to see if it could be done.  I am quite
happy with the results so far but would like some feedback / help / testing
from other myth users.  Another motivation is that my remote (Creative DVD
mapped to a programmable Philips remote) lacks a lot of necessary functions
since it only has 14 buttons.  I can now supplement my remote or choose to
not use it altogether.

Good luck.

Brian