[mythtv-users] lircrc for XP Media Center Edition remotes?

Dave Caplinger dent at cox.net
Sat Feb 28 09:39:48 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 15:10, Stupid Mail wrote:
> Has anyone made any additional progress with the MCE
> Remote and Myth.
>
> I have both the Hauppauge grey remote and the MCE
> Remote (listed below w/ the USB receiver) and wanted
> to give the MCE Remote a try.

As a matter of fact I just switched from the Hauppage remote (using
the serial port IR receiver) to the MCE USB remote (which I bought
from Newegg of course).  I checked out the CVS version of lirc,
built it, did modpobe lirc_mceusb (once I got USB working), and was
able to start up lircd and use irw to verify I was seeing keypresses
on the remote.

It's working reasonably well except the repeat rate is too fast -
unless I'm really quick about releasing the buttons on the remote,
I almost always get 2 button presses.  This is a hassle for things
like "pause" since the second press un-pauses!

But in any case, here's a .lircrc I worked up.  It's not perfect, but
if you want to use it to start from, go ahead...

Note that I'm using irxevent to feed commands to myth.  I haven't tried
"native lirc" support yet.

- Dave