[mythtv-users] TV Out with STB Velocity 4400

Donald McLennan dmclennan at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 28 06:58:55 EST 2004

There have been a few posts in the past (Jan - Can't get good signal to TV )  describing problems running mythtv to the TVOut on the STB Velocity 4400 card (16MB with TV).  I'm experimenting with this and am having some/similar configuration issues.  The funny thing is that when connected to our TV using the yellow RCA cable (composite) the video looks OK during linux boot.  The Fedora graphical login, the TV signal is not synced and the picture is rolling and sliced diagonal.  The rest of linux X does not display properly.

I've installed nvidia drivers 4363, per the groups recommendations.

My XConfig file is below.  I've tried random settings on TVOverScan and RenderAccel.  I have not considered nvtv since this appears to work and looks like just some XConfig settings.  I've also tried with only the TV connected, both TV and monitor connected, etc.

It looks like this is close to working.  Any suggestions on what I should change or try?  I appreciate your help - thank you,
Don

# XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config
Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection
Section "Files"
# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
        RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
        FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection
Section "Module"
        Load "v4l"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
        Identifier  "DevInputMice"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"