[mythtv-users] hauppauge wintv bt878

tech at gnuconsulting.com tech at gnuconsulting.com
Fri Feb 27 23:53:00 EST 2004

I was into the live-music trading scene for a while (completely legit,
see etree.org for details) and one of the things that I liked the most
was how the community was built on sharing.  Everyone was constantly
trading discs via snailmail, logins to servers, tapes, etc., etc.  I
eventually had all the Phish I could ever want, and gradually moved on
to other things.  Now, why does this not have a huge [OT] in the subject
line?  Because I have no more use for a Hauppauge WinTV bt878 based
capture card, and I wish to spread the love.  First person to reply (off
list!) to this email, will get the card.  No need to pay for shipping or
anything, I'm sure it won't be that much (oh, US residents only, please
:-).  I'll post a quick 'somebody got it' notice so that people don't
bombard me all night.

The card itself works great with the bttv drivers.  Has a coax and
composite in, with a line-out to go to your soundcard (cable included).
Works with off-air or cable.  Don't expect pvr[2|3]50 level quality,
but it works great for recording kid's programmes.

Good luck!

D.A.Bishop