[mythtv-users] Switching input cards (rather than just inputs on the card)?

Jason Parekh mythtv at partyinthecity.com
Fri Feb 27 19:29:33 EST 2004

Hey Josh,

Thanks for the quick reply..  I have it currently set up like that but the
problem is whenever I try to goto the channels of another input card, it
won't switch to it, is it supposed to?

My setup will consist of one satellite with ONLY Hindi channels (S-video
on card A), one satellite with ALL channels (including Hindi, allowing two
Hindi recordings at once, S-video on card B), and cable (Tuner on A and
B).  Right now however, I have just tried using a tuner on card B, and
Hindi channels (in the 600 range) on A.  The tuner channels only go up to
around 115 so I know they are not colliding.  When I startup MythTV, card
B comes up by default and I have no way of getting to the Hindi channels
on A.  If i goto the guide, I can see the Hindi channels on the 600 range,
but if I try to tune to them, it won't do anything.

All I really need is the functionality you speak of, just being able to
change to a channel on another input card, but I can't seem to get that to
work..

Thanks!
Jason