[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Slackware 9.1 ??

Steve Wilton swilton at fusemail.com
Fri Feb 27 01:35:35 EST 2004

On February 26, 2004 22:26, Paul K. wrote:
>   Now, I have a fresh Slackware install. Removed both the MYSQL and the QT
> that comes with Slackware (mainly because of their install locations). I
> have mysql-standard-4.0.17-pc-linux-i686.tar.gz installed under /usr/local
> and is running per INSTALL file instructions.

might I suggest doing this first:

ln -s mysql-standard-4.0.17-pc-linux-i686 /usr/local/mysql

this will create a symbolic link called mysql in /usr/local that points to
your install dir.

then you can do:

./configure -qt-sql-mysql -I/usr/local/mysql/include -L/usr/local/mysql/lib
[other opts]

to configure qt.

the -I sets the include path, the -L the library path.

you will probably have to add /usr/local/mysql/lib to your /etc/ld.so.conf and
run /sbin/ldconfig as well. (somebody correct me if this is wrong)

hope this helps

Steve