[mythtv-users] problems with AC3 passthrough

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Thu Feb 26 14:09:39 EST 2004

myth at najdrovsky.com wrote:
> The audio output device in myth is configured to    ALSA:hw:0,2
>
> Could someone please provide some suggestions as to what I need to do to get
> the AC3 stream to work correctly?  BTW, please don't tell me to switch to OSS,
> because I don't get any sound at all via OSS.
I have a CMedia 9739 chip, but SPDIF passthrough works fine for me using
just /dev/dsp as the output device.

In alsamixer, I have "IEC958" enabled, "IEC958 Capture Monitor" off,
"IEC958 Capture Valid" enabled, and IEC958 Playback AC97A-SPSA" set to
value '0'.

> p.s.  Here is a tip for those with HDTV sets,  nVidia's 1.0-5610 video driver
> supports interlaced video, so I'm able to get a nice 59.97Hz 1920x1080i video
> output on my high def TV. The video overlay works fine in this high resolution
> also.

Where did you find 5610?  The latest Linux driver on nVidia's site is 5336.

-Doug