[mythtv-users] PVR 350 + Myth 0.14 + ivtv 0.1.9

Chris Delis cedelis at uillinois.edu
Thu Feb 26 09:19:13 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 07:31:06AM -0500, jose rubio wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 21:05, Malcolm wrote:
> > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:12:53 -0500
> > Blues Guy <bluesguy at stny.rr.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Here's the link to the driver...
> > > http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/current/msg00419.html
> > > Chris' patches (which I didn't need) are here...
> > > http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/current/msg00422.html
> > >
> > > With both those two, everyone with PVR-350's *should* be able to get
> > > stable tv-out and use the OSD/EPG without lockups....YMMV.
> >
> > Thanks man :)  I'll give it a shot.
> > ----
> >

> You know, I've been following all these threads for weeks now and I
> can't figure out what I'm doing wrong (or is it right?)
>
> I've had a 350 forever and a 250 forever+3 weeks.  I've never had any
> hard freezes with osd, epg pausing, fast forwarding, recording, tinny

I have a 350 and it works very reliably, too.  It will crash intermittently
when using the EPG (page up/down, left/right arrow, change channel).
But when it does crash, it crashes hard and it's annoying enough to not
want to use the EPG.

> sound.... nothing ....
>
> Right now I run myth-cvs (as of a couple of days) and ivtv 0.1.9
>
> My system stays up for days at a time recording two shows at once and
> viewing a recorded show or playing music or web surfing.  It never
> crashes i go days without rebooting.
>
> Help somebody :-)  what am I doing wrong, why won't my system crash?  Am
> I missing something? should I be trying something cool that I don't know
> exists?

I would recommend 'knocking on wood' then.

What does your hardware setup look like?  What kernel are you running?