[mythtv-users] MediaMVP status?

Eric S zaphod at comcast.net
Wed Feb 25 20:47:14 EST 2004

Right now my MVP boots from a Linux server (my backend) and starts a
simple remote-driven menu system that can play MP3 and MPEG(2) files
over a NFS mounted file system.  Pointing this to a "pretty" script
directory of symbolic links lets you select PVR recordings buy name.

No live capability at the moment, also FF works a little, no REWIND. No
commercial skip . . .

What can you say its a complete hack, pretty dysfunctional as a
MythFrontEnd, but will play back movies OK.

Credit where credit is due, I'm not a programmer, the talented guys
that have gotten the MVP this far post mostly on the SHSPVR Forums.
Check out the MVP Linux Mod's section to keep up with new developments.

-Eric