[mythtv-users] PVR 350 + Myth 0.14 + ivtv 0.1.9

Blues Guy bluesguy at stny.rr.com
Wed Feb 25 18:12:53 EST 2004

Timon, John wrote:

>the ivtv driver is under huge transition.  There has been a lot of active
>talk on the ivtv-devel list regarding stability and an enormouse effort to
>improve the reliability of the tv-out.  Chris Kennedy has been regularily
>releasing patches that are brining the 350 tv out to a more and more stable
>option.
>
>I personally am running his patch version 28 (IIRC) without a single crash
>or problem.

I posted this in another thread, but it's such good news (for us 350
owners) that I thought I'd post it here too....

Hot news off the ivtv-dev list is a new X driver from Matthias that make
the EPG usable and some patches from Chris to fix ivtv errors (cutting
recordings short etc.).  Personally I only needed to use the X driver,
because the latest ivtv rpm from Axel has been very stable for me (aside
from the EPG).  All I did was install the new ivtv X driver, modify one
line my X86Config, and restart X.  My EPG now works flawlessly with my
PVR-350.

Here's the link to the driver...
http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/current/msg00419.html
Chris' patches (which I didn't need) are here...
http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/current/msg00422.html

With both those two, everyone with PVR-350's *should* be able to get
stable tv-out and use the OSD/EPG without lockups....YMMV.

Many kudos to Matthias, Chris, Kevin, the rest of the ivtv guys, and of
course Isaac for Myth being some awesome....