[mythtv-users] Using the remote to turn screen back on (after screen blanking)

Tom Marshall tommy at home.tig-grr.com
Wed Feb 25 15:10:45 EST 2004

> Have irexec running, then drop this in lircrc:
>
> begin
> prog = irexec
> button = OFF
> repeat = 2
> config = xset dpms force standby
> config = xset dpms force on; xset -dpms s off
> end
>
> Haven't tried it myself, but someone sent me that a while back and your
> query reminded me of it...

This is great, thanks.  Note you don't need to invoke xset twice to turn the
display back on; the following works equally well:

  xset dpms force on -dpms

The "-dpms" argument must be the last DPMS setting for this to work.  If you
put it first, the "force on" reenables DPMS.

--
The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in
the morning feeling just terrible.