[mythtv-users] mythtv and audio

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Feb 25 13:28:57 EST 2004

> Well, bunch of stuff recorded last night, and it doesn't have sound.
> I've obviously missed some input somewhere, and mythtv is just doing
> passthrough sound when watching tv on the box itself.

Ok, I feel kind of silly.   After rebooting (couldn't reboot last night
because I was still in the process of restoring my 80G of recorded
shows), and still seeing the problems, I thought to check
gnome-volume-control (for lack of knowing a better source) and unchecked
the "mute" setting for my line-in (I have one of those tuner cards with
an audio line-out that needs to be connected to the line-in on my sound
card).  That solved the problem.

Now I'm curious why the sound worked while I was watching live tv ON the
box, if the line-in was muted.

Anyway, I've received several messages from people with similar issues,
and even if this doesn't help them, there should be SOMETHING about this
in the documentation.  Or even better (don't know if it's possible),
myth could detect this and unmute the line-in.

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer