[mythtv-users] Recording dies when viewing recordings.Anyone swap capture cards?

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 25 12:34:01 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "jose rubio" <debian at nc.rr.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 1:10 PM

> > > Now, I assume from your explanation that the recording does not really
> > > stop when you "click whatch recordings" but really when you actually
> > > start watching a recording.  I also assume you are using the 350's
> > > tv-out.  Is that right?
> >
> > Actually as soon as I click on "watch recordings" the current recordings
> > in progress are stopped imediately.  This could be because of the little
> > preview window in the bottom right corner that's accessing the
recording.
> > And yes I'm using the 350's TV out.
> >
> Yes, that could be it.  I remember long ago I was having problems with
> this preview window and the 350 tv-out.  I just turned it off and it all
> worked great.  IIRC this was then fixed in CVS (which I now run) but I
> never liked that little picture there anyway...  it's kind of a spoiler,
> in particular with shows that show spoilers at the begining (a la Angel)
>
> Try turning it off.  This might fix it.

I tuned off the preview window but no luck.  It still kills recordings in
progess when I click on "watch recordings".

I also noticed if I'm watching a pre-recorded show and while I'm viewing it
a scheduled show starts to record that it will work fine.  However as soon
as the pre-recorded show I'm watching is done and it kicks me back to the
"watch recordings" menu listing all the recordings, the current recording in
progress gets killed and stops imediately.

I may just try CVS again.  Or is there anyway of knowing how long till 0.15
comes out?

Thanks
Malcolm