[mythtv-users] Using the remote to turn screen back on (after screen blanking)

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Wed Feb 25 10:47:38 EST 2004

Thanks Ray and Jarod...

I ended up with this as a combination of the two...  I don't need to be able
to shutdown the screen (as it will do it after 10 minutes) so I just want to
be able to wake it up.  I don't want to waste a remote button on that
anyway...  I may script a bit to toggle on and off using the same button but
for now...

begin
 prog = irexec
 button = OFF
 config = xset dpms force on
end

PS. To those in the future that have a problem with the xset dpms off and
everything like that working, but can't get the screen to wake up... make
sure your X config file has Option "DPMS" !  Hah!