[mythtv-users] pvr using the tuner and external channel

Collier, John jcollier at ball.com
Wed Feb 25 07:54:41 EST 2004

Hello,

I am trying to get myth to use the coax input and an external channel
changer command and am having no luck.  I looked at the lists and saw a
couple of references to disabling the connection between the tuner and
the channels.  I do want to be able to change channels, though.

I am running myth .14
I have a dish receiver coming into my pvr-350 via coax and an HD tuner
(480p) coming into the svideo port.

I can watch TV and alternate between the svideo and the tuner, but when
any recordings happen on the tuner, it switches to the appropriate dish
channel (like 110).  Of course, it needs to stay on channel 3.

How can I get this functionality?

Thanks,
John