[mythtv-users] Using the remote to turn screen back on (after screen blanking)

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Wed Feb 25 02:18:08 EST 2004

Hey all,

Is there a way that I can use the remote to bring my monitor back on after
screenblanking has kicked in?   I've searched around and there are lots of
posts about turning off during playing a movie or disabling, none that I
found addressed this.

I have a monitor under the tv that I use for myth screens, while mpg output
goes directly to the tv.  So I DO want the screen to blank after a while, but
I would like it to count lircd activity the same as rapping the keyboard or
something.  This way I would still have the nice powersaving of the blanking,
but not have to go hit a keyboard to bring up a menu.

Any pointers or ideas, even conceptual would be great

--

Bill Chmura