[mythtv-users] no sound on kworld/v-stream VS-878RF

Rich Drewes drewes at interstice.com
Tue Feb 24 22:55:11 EST 2004

Hello all,

I'm pulling my hair out trying to any sound out of this card, from btaudio
or even directly from the line out jack on the card itself (going directly
to an amp).  If I'm not even getting sound on the line out jack on the
capture card itself, does that mean the card arrived damaged?  Or is there
some driver setting that is needed to even turn the sound on?  (The card
does have a radio receiver, so maybe the card has to be told what you want
it to send to the line out?  Just guessing here.)

I'd like to get btaudio working if possible rather than re-capturing the
audio via the system sound card's line-in.  Can anyone suggest a magical
modprobe option for btaudio that will get the sound going?  I'm doing the
usual thing, setting up the digital on dsp1 and using sox to redirect that
to dsp0 (system sound card).  No sound though.

Video works great with tuner-2 option to modprobe.

Thanks,
Rich