[mythtv-users] Digital Out on Sound Blaster Live! Card

Nate Thompson natet at buckeye-express.com
Tue Feb 24 17:34:40 EST 2004

I was wondering if anyone in here knew of a cable that would convert the
minijack digital out found on the back of a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 card
(orange jack near the top of the card) into a optical SPDIF cable that can
be plugged into a receiver. I did a search on a couple websites, but they
were using a digital coax cable and mentioned that there was a difference in
the amount of voltage sent out, which could potentially damage your
receiver. I am hoping to use this card in my MythTV box I am currently
building so that I will be able to output AC3 signals once I install my
pcHDTV card.

Thanks for any help.

Nate