[mythtv-users] Radioshack 15-2116 remote

jishywa at pop-server.wi.rr.com jishywa at pop-server.wi.rr.com
Tue Feb 24 17:07:35 EST 2004

Just as a suggestion for those considering purchasing the Radioshack
15-2116 remote, they currently have the 15-2117 on clearance for less than
the other one. As far as I can tell, they are identical remotes in form and
function, but the 15-2117 comes with RF capability and a control center box
you put in front of your components. I think the 2116 currently sells for
$31.99 after the recent storewide price-hike (anyone else notice prices
there go up about $2 every year? :P), but the 2117 should still be $29.99
if they've got any left.

I just picked up one of the 2117's today so we'll see how well it works.
Anyone used one of these (2116 or 2117) with an Avermedia TV Studio card?
It has a little ir sensor that works with the included remote, but I was
wondering if it uses a common protocol like the Hauppage one I've seen
discussed before (RC5 or something?). I'll give it a shot using the remote
code from the radioshack remote guide posted a while ago.

Later