[mythtv-users] mythtv, lirc and "key mover" capability

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 16:32:04 EST 2004

>From: Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: [mythtv-users] mythtv, lirc and "key mover" capability
>Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:57:47 -0500 (EST)
>
>I have a One For All URC-6131 that I'm trying to get working with a
>Packard Bell serial receiver for my MythTV setup.  I programmed the "pvr"
>mode to Phillips Tivo (code 0618).  I've been having problems learning the
>codes with irrecord but just now tried the "TIVO" config file from the
>remotes.tar.bz2 on lirc.org.  It works great... except I have keys that
>are not mapped (ff/rew skip keys, pip, info, a couple others)...
>apparently, the tivo doesn't use these functions.
>
>My question is, my remote allows me to "move keys" from other
>modes/definitions... so I can basically program these unused keys in pvr
>mode to a code from another key in another mode.  I've done this but I
>cannot figure out how to use them.  irrecord just keeps telling me
>"Something went wrong, try again".  Do the keys that I move to my pvr mode
>need to come from a definition that is similary to the tivo defintion (by
>definition, I mean the values for bits, flags, eps, header, etc)?  Or
>would I be better off learning them as a second remote in my
>/etc/lircd.conf file and simply tweaking my mythtv config to watch "both"
>remotes (even though it would be the same remote and even the same mode)?
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>

Try this:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?PVR_0618

it has key mappings ala the instructions on Jarod's site for
using an RC-5 remote (except these are the Tivo codes).
You can map individual keys per your liking (not sure how
they correspond to the LIRC config).

It may be that all available codes are not supported in the
LIRC config file.  That's why I like using RC-5: all the codes
are in the generic LIRC RC-5 config file and I can chuck the
ones I don't use.  Not sure from your message if "not
mapped" means "doesn't send any code" or if it means
"config file doesn't recognize the code sent".

HTH!

-- Harry O.