[mythtv-users] Shopping for hardware.

tuckun tim at diligence.com
Tue Feb 24 00:45:38 EST 2004

I am thinking about building a mythtv and am trying to figure out what
kind of hardware would present me with the least amount of headaches.
One question I am mulling is whether to go with mini-itx system or a
regular P4.  It seems like a lot of people have built them with C3s but
do the Eden chips have enough horsepower (combined with a pvr--250 0r
350) to drive myth TV?

Also is anybody handicapped by only having only one PCI slot? I think
I'd want a wireless ethernet too at least and maybe even a SCSI card.

Finally does anybody know if this PC
http://www.directron.com/6255va.html runs linux?

So many questions I know, I appreciate any guidance before I part with
the bucks.