[mythtv-users] Crashes, then fsck..

Mark Hodges mhodges at webbschool.com
Tue Feb 24 04:57:59 EST 2004

I have a problem with MythTV Crashing. After a random time period of
recording or watching live TV (paused or unpaused) mythtv hard-locks up.
Ctrl-Alt-Del does nothing, I can't switch out to a console or kill X.
After I do reboot I have to run a full fsck and rebuild the file system
tree. I am using reiserfs and I have to run reiserfsfsck --rebuild-tree.
I always lose the recent data after this, that includes logs and
whatever was being recorded.  I have tried changing settings, and change
the hard drive that is being used for recording (I have three).  My
motherboard is an dfi nf2ultra (nforce2) motherboard.  I have two hard
drives running on the primary channel on the second ide controller (an
hpt370 ide controller). The master(hde) drive is where myth is
installed, and the secondary drive(hdf) is where I planned to store the
videos.  After the first lockup I tried saving the videos to the primary
drive(hde), and still got a lock-up. The only other drive that I have is
hda, and I can't save to it because it is formatted ntfs.  I am running
gentoo with a 2.6.3 kernel, and an ATI  tvwonder VE capture card.  My
vid card is an nvidia card, running the newest nvidia drivers. Any help
would be greatly appreciated, and tomorrow after the fsck finishes I
will try running the cvs version to see if that helps. But if there is
any sort of a ide issue or something simple that I am overlooking, help
would be greatly appreciated