[mythtv-users] live-tv fine, recorded shows jerky solved again (not fs related).

Larry Matter mythtv2 at matter.net
Mon Feb 23 13:29:04 EST 2004

A week or so ago I posted that I had solved my problem of recorded shows
being jerky while live tv was very smooth.  This was on an EPIA ME6000.

I did two things that made the problem go away; recreated the mythconverg
schema and erased all my nuv files.  I was thinking it was cleaning up the
mythtv directory that fixed it, but the problem came back.

This monring it occured to me that I had recently specified gui sizes in
the setup/appearence screen to make the overscanned picture fit perfectly.
  I changed them back to their default of 0 and the problem went away.
Changed the Y to 592 (instead of 0 or 600) and the problem comes back,
lots of stuttering.  Only with recorded shows.

I'm baffeled as to why it only affects recorded shows, but this does
appear to be the case.  Didn't have time to play with it too much this
morning.  I'll try to narrow it down some more.

Larry