[mythtv-users] Frontend no sound; Backend has the sound

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 12:19:18 EST 2004

> Subject: [mythtv-users] Frontend no sound; Backend has the sound
>

> I have an interesting problem. I have two separate computers
> for mythtv. When I go to watch TV on the frontend, I get the
> video, but no sound. The backend has the audio.
>
> I know sound works on the frontend because CDs and games work fine.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> K Murphy
> maillist at citadelsystems.net

Are you sure you have the sound from the tuner muted on the backend?  (If
it's not, it will be about 2 sec ahead of the picture.)  That, plus another
problem on the frontend, would explain it.  It's not relevant that CD's work
but it is relevant that games work.  Still, I'd check mixer settings, and
Myth's internal volume control.