[mythtv-users] gentoo cvs ebuilds

Jelle Kalf jelle at kalf.org
Mon Feb 23 05:26:56 EST 2004

(Sorry to be late responding.. I'm currently moving, so I'm out of internet
at home.)

I created the mythtv-cvs ebuild because between the 0.13 and 0.14 release a
load of ivtv work was updated and some people liked to run bleeding edge.

Users must use the stable versions, developers make the program using CVS.
Only if you're up for it and capable to handle the situation on your own, go
for CVS.

A problem that came with it was people asking stupid questions about why
doesn't my cvs ebuild work, it broke compiling. I've removed the ebuilds at
request of Isaac and also because of the stupid questions. It's true I still
use them, but I don't complain when cvs doesn't build. When building a CVS
pull, be prepared to fix the errors yourself, you'll won't get any help. The
Developers already invest more time then they actually have into mythtv. It
would have been unwise to keep them available knowing they'd be overwhelmed
with timeconsuming questions.

Rroet