[mythtv-users] mythfrontend on linux 2.6 with ndivia card/drivers

Chris Ripp chris at ripp.net
Sun Feb 22 16:41:33 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 14:59, Tony Lill wrote:
> Has anyone gotten this to work? Everything's cool until I try to watch
> TV, then screen just goes blank. I have to kill mythfrontend to get it
> back. I'm using the nvidia binary drivers. It all works fine under 2.4.

Does it go blank or just really, really dark?  If it's the 'going dark'
problem, try passing 'vcr_hack=1' to bttv when you insmod it.  It made
the black screen go away for me, but I get a few green lines (presumably
not scanned or something) at the bottom of the picture.

If you're not archiving and can live with it you might try it...