[mythtv-users] 350 for video playback

Dan Boger mythtv at peeron.com
Sat Feb 21 16:43:10 EST 2004

I currently have our 350 set up on a P3-450MHz, and watching live TV, or
playing back recordings is very simple.  However, when I try to use
MythVideo, the playback is too slow to be viewable.  I understand that's
because the ivtv driver isn't using the full hardware capabilities (as
far as rgb->yuv), but I was wondering if anyone has any experience using
a 350 on a faster machine (2GHz+), and if MythVideo was usable at that
point?  Or do I just need to keep waiting until the ivtv driver develops
more?

If so, I can try to convince my wife we need a better myth server.

Any suggestions welcome!