[mythtv-users] More audio issues

Chris Tracy mythtv at adiemus.org
Sat Feb 21 15:05:14 EST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> I wrote earlier about the problem I am having getting TV sound to come out
> the SPDIF connector on my Yamaha based sound card.  To summarize, I'm using
> Alsa and all other system sounds (OSS, aplay, mplayer, etc) come out the
> SPDIF connector.  Even MythMusic and MythVideo/DVD work, but MythTV watching
> TV, the sound only comes out the speaker jack on the card.

        I just found this thread.  How did you manage to get everything
else using SPDIF output?  So far I've only been able to get mplayer (and
thus MythVideo) to work.  Did you compile mythtv with alsa support?  What
does your ~/.asoundrc (or /etc/asound.conf) look like?  (Have you somehow
configured it to route all OSS traffic through to SPDIF?)

	Thanks,

	Chris