[mythtv-users] Watching TV without recording?

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Sat Feb 21 14:57:34 EST 2004

 > What I was asking was if it would be possible to
> disable it while still letting it start when you wanted it - without
> going into the MythTV settings menus, but with an acceptable delay (a
> few seconds) while it is started.

I have no idea if a "low latency live TV mode" patch would get
incorporated back into the MythTV tree. I guess if you or someone else
who wants that sort of feature write the code to implement it and mail
it to Isaac we'd all find out at the same time.

That's why questions like "is it possible" are difficult to answer -
almost _anything_ is possible, but as implemented today, Live TV will
still do the encode/decode/display cycle, because that's how Isaac
originally wrote it.

Same with the "Can I save the ringbuffer" questions that come up once in
a while.  Is it possible?  Probably.